He's not the owner?!?!

4 Replies

Hello.  I did my first pc mailing on the 16th and received 3 calls on yesterday.  In phoning one of the callers back, he me mentioned that he received postcards for years about the property, but that he didn't know who owned it. 

So basically, he asked my help in finding out who owned it because he's getting these postcards and mentioned that his mother used to live in west Philadelphia and that she may have left it to him.

Nevertheless, I looked it up after ending the call and well, he is most definitely not the owner.  Another very different name is listed as the owner.

What's your thoughts on this?  He wants me to call him back with the owners name, but my instinct is telling me that that may not be a good idea. 

Why not?  You think the actual owner may want to sell?  Apparently, this is just an error in whatever list you're using/bought.

Wayne, I'm thinking the same; that it's an error from the list.  I surely hope it's not going to be reoccurring. 

I guess I was hesitant of giving him the owner's names, but I'll call him with what I found.  Maybe he'll know the owners.  We'll see.

maybe try contacting the rightful owners to see if they'd like to sell first?

I will do just that Greg.  Thank you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here