Lease Agreement Forms

5 Replies

Hey Everyone, 

I'm relatively new to BiggerPockets. I purchased my first home 2 years ago in the Bryan/College Station, Texas area. I have recently moved because of work and now I'm wanting to rent the house. I have some college students interested in renting the house, which is great, but I'm not exactly sure sure what to put in the rental lease agreement or if there are any basic forms online for free i can use to cover me. Any help or advice for dealing with my first property would be great. 

Thanks, 

Nick

Students are a special breed of tenant. Have a local attorney draft a student housing lease form for you.

if you have a realtor buddy, they should hook you up

I believe it's best to use your local realtor association lease if possible because everyone in your area is familiar with it and it looks like everything is above board if you ever wind up in court or if you otherwise get questioned for any reason.

This post has been removed.

Thank you all for the advice and help.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.