OK to list a P O Box as my business address?

3 Replies

Hello all!

I'm just starting the process of setting up my real estate investing business.  I'm hoping to get some feedback.  I am currently living in an apartment in Manchester NH and am currently searching for a property to owner occupy.  My question is since my address will be changing in the very near future, should i purchase a PO Box and use that as my business address on my business cards and website, etc. (both soon to be created) to avoid having to change the address later.  Additionally, my lease indicates that i cannot run a business out of my apt without pre-approval?  Thoughts?

I got a PO box for mine. I didn't want to use my home address plus wouldn't want to have to deal with changing everything if I moves. With PO boxes now you can use the Post office address with your box # as the suite and most people won't even know it's a PO box.

the problem you will face with a PO box is that when you will want to form a LLC you cannot use a PO box address in the formation or for the IRS. your best bet is to go to a mailbox center such as the UPS store or the like, due to they are set up as actual address not PO boxes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.