I got laid off!

6 Replies

Yes it is bad news, however, I am so happy that I did. I hated this job. I could only dream of the day I quit.  This was taking a real negative toll in my life. 

But now, I feel like if God is setting everything up for me.  I would pray and pray for him to give me a better opportunity and now I have all the time in the world to begin my real estate investing career! I know he will help me meet the right people to guide me forward. 

My goal is to start wholesaling because I wouldn't qualify for a loan. Any advice on how to get started would be awesome. I've read the UBG and have some knowledge on wholesaling but any other advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Can't wait to begin!!

There are a number of really great podcasts about wholesaling.  I highly recommend you check those out.  A lot of great tips and information.

Really you want to find a local investor to work with. 

Wholesaling with no money is risky. If you can't find a buyer you are stuck. At the very min. you are losing earnest money. But you also risk tying up a persons property with no ability to close.

Your best bet is to run your own mail and find someone off of here to work with. Get them lined up as a buyer. Kind of like the if I had property "X" what would you pay for it? 

Or get on with a local HML where you can close yourself if need be.

Feel free to add/pm me with any questions you have/run into. 

Podcast #37 is really good 

Find a better job that you like , build up some reserves and try wholesaling part time.

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey :

Really you want to find a local investor to work with. 

Wholesaling with no money is risky. If you can't find a buyer you are stuck. At the very min. you are losing earnest money. But you also risk tying up a persons property with no ability to close.

Your best bet is to run your own mail and find someone off of here to work with. Get them lined up as a buyer. Kind of like the if I had property "X" what would you pay for it? 

Or get on with a local HML where you can close yourself if need be.

Feel free to add/pm me with any questions you have/run into. 

Thanks Ryan. Ill be networking like crazy.

Originally posted by @Matthew Paul :

Find a better job that you like , build up some reserves and try wholesaling part time.

That sounds like the logical thing to do.  Thanks. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.