How to Impress a Property Developer

1 Reply

Hello! Im Marcus Ramsey!  Im currently 21 years old and i live in Houston. I'm saving 10 thousand dollars to put a down payment on my first home next year and rent out the rooms to live rent free. I just want to get my feet wet in real estate.  Im new to all of this and i know commercial property development is not recommended for beginners but this is where i would like to end up. I actually know a very successful commercial property developer that is a client for the company i work for. 

I was wondering. How can i impress him? i would love to be able to work with him or at his company, but i need to impress him and prove that i can be valuable. I was thinking of doing research for properties similar to the ones he has developed. find out the population facts in that area and then suggest a development that might work well in that land. i even know how to use auto cad and 3ds max, i was going to make a rendering of the development i had in my mind, even a branding identity for the development because I'm also really good at branding, i used to free lance.  I don't expect him to actually buy the land and use my plan but i just want to show that i have skills and value and might be a good person to keep around.  Or is that idea not a good way to impress a commercial property developer. any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Crawl before you walk. Walk before you run.

Layout expectations and shower the developer with admiration of their business and projects and outline your goals. Take the developer to lunch or dinner. If they see drive and passion in you then they might invest the time as it reminds them of themselves back in the day. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.