Getting Started

3 Replies

I'm 16 and looking to get into REI in the future what would you'll recommend me do daily in order to be successful in the future, and would it be smart to start wholesaling or flipping first then go into other investing strageties?

If I were in your shoes, I would start by reading all the books I could about REI, listen to the BP Podcast & browse the forum's.

The most important thing you can do at your age is to get educated about REI. I wish I had started when I was 16.

Thanks, it feels like I've started too late being a senior in high school now, but I've been listening to the podcast more in substitute for listening to to music, but in order to really understand all the terminology used in the podcast I've been reading the BP Ultimate Beginner's Guide.

Have you had your first "job" yet?

I would get a 9-5 job, maybe something in marketing, sales or customer service.

Something where you can really focus on building your foundation of skills. And yes, so called buying and selling RE is a skill, something that most anyone can learn with discipline and repetition.

Do you have any family members who are in RE? You may want to seek out a mentor that can guide you and give advice, I know I was lost before I found my mentor.

I am sure you will do well in your endevors. See ya round the site!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you