1,000 dollar to invest in real estate, wholesaling houses

3 Replies

What would be the best place to start ?

You can wholesale without any money.  Use an option contract to buy, and sell the option contract to other investors.  You dont need to close on anything, you dont need money to buy, you dont need money to market.  The mechanics of how you do this vary by state.  In my state of PA we register the option and get paid to release our option so that the end buyer can get a clear title. 

Also you want to spend some time learning how to take over debt and buy property subject-to. 

If you arent feeling real confident, you can always make money as a bird dog for a more experienced investor, with the added benifit that you will get to see how he makes money.

To your success

Josh

Frank

Josh gave you a good answer, I want to make one thing clear though, the courts have ruled that an option without consideration is an offer, not a binding option, so pony up a ten dollar bill to do the deal. 

When I started $2 bills were in circulation, if I got one I would put it in my wallet to use as option money, a dollar was good then but having it in my wallet was a strong reminder to find a deal and that the gods were telling something.

Second thing, start a new mindset, When I started I used marketing by mouth, I figured out prospecting was the name of the game and talking to people was the main activity of the game. I got leads and deals from people I thought anything more hi how is your day going would have been wasted breath. This was not easy for me because I was basically an introvert back then. Talking to a seller, I would have been less stressed walking up the 13 steps to the hangman's noose.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks. Frank C.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here