Investing in my first property

2 Replies

So Ive been working as a leasing agent for an apartment complex in Dallas, Texas for over 8 months now  and over these past few weeks ive been thinking about becoming an investor my self , but i dont want to quit my job for the simple fact that i need money to cover for my living expenses . Any recommendations or tips on becoming a part time investor ? 

@Christian Garcia

My first thought would be to do a live in fix and flip. You can work and then at night fix up the house. When you are all done, sell it, and move on to the next project! Good luck!

@Christian Garcia

I was in the same shoes you are in last year. I was working a full time job and wanting to get into REI. The first thing I would recommend is learn as much as you can about REI to see all the options you have available. The podcast on this site are great examples of how people get started. In most cases they all worked full time jobs when they were starting out.

We started with investing in direct mail marketing.  We have wholesaled 6 properties, bought 2 rentals, we have 1 flip we are working on now and 2 more properties under contract to be wholesaled.  All of our success was while working full time at a 8-5.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here