Finding good deals with little down.

2 Replies

Hello bigger pockets community. As of right now im in a dilemma, I have about 12k to put towards real estate investing (might not be alot to most). As of right now I am really interested in apartments and owning them for long term. But in order to come up with  the down payments that lenders want would take for ever. I know seller financing could solve this but I havent been able to find any deals. Im interested to know what the bigger pockets community thinks or if you know of  any apartment deals with seller  financing and little to know down payments and at least 85% occupied. 

You might want to look into master lease options on apartments where you enter into a master lease with an option to purchase

You need sllid knowledge of NOI or net operating income

Search on BiggerPockets " master lease options "

You might consider starting smaller as well.

My wife and I fully intend to invest in multifamilies, from duplex's to apts.

We are doing it primarily by house hacking our first one, and buying a duplex.

You have plenty to get started in the direction you want to go.

If that's just not the way you want then I would follow @Brian Gibbons advice and study up.

Above all be patient, and when the right deal hits, don't be afraid to move on it

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.