Just getting started. Should I form LLC right away

2 Replies

Just getting set up with necessary information to get started in the business and through educating myself I have decided that in order for my business to run and for personal protection we will need to form an LLC. Is it best to set up the LLC from the get go or is something that I can do as we get more involved? And what kind of fees and taxes are incurred in forming of the business? My biggest fear is that I will have to be paying taxes on the company right from the go even if I am not cash flowing right away. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Chad Castanino

Originally posted by @Chad Castanino :

Just getting set up with necessary information to get started in the business and through educating myself I have decided that in order for my business to run and for personal protection we will need to form an LLC. Is it best to set up the LLC from the get go or is something that I can do as we get more involved? And what kind of fees and taxes are incurred in forming of the business? My biggest fear is that I will have to be paying taxes on the company right from the go even if I am not cash flowing right away. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Chad Castanino

Get a deal coming in first, worry about the business formation later.  You can always modify it later.  It is the business that drives the structure, not the other way around.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you