Multifamily Units

3 Replies

Hi Brandon! About two months ago I purchased my first home in Ga. I qualified for a VA loan at 3.25% with no money down. Next, I am currently researching ways to buy my first investment property (multifamily) with no more than 4 units to start with and no down payment as well. I have no home equity as of yet and I work full time for extra income. . Thank you and have a great day!

Not Brandon, but going to chime in ;-). That VA loan sounds like some sweet financing. Good luck with the next purchase!

If you want to mention someone (and have them know about it) you type @ and then their name or a ? if you need a list of people who commented in this post (Brandon always pops up). 

BTW, where is the love for Josh?

just out of curiosity, how are you able to use the va loan on multifamily 

I am seeking a SFR to purchase with a VA loan and then the thought came to me if I could use VA to purchase a duplex. I spoke with a loan officer today and was told that I can buy a 1- 4 unit property with a VA loan as long as it is owner-occupied. Now that is a sweet deal to me from my uncle Sam.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you