wholesale newbie

2 Replies

New to wholesaling: 

Found a property to work on my first deal. 

Business entity has been filed.

Marketing is under control 

Appraiser should be delivering the amount soon.

How to I evaluate the market value around the property mean while. 

Atlanta area (30328) 

@Elias Maus

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members which is my favorite part of the website.

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

You need to have a relationship with a real estate agent. They can run a CMA (competitive market analysis) for any properties which will compare your subject property to known comparable properties that recently sold or are for sale currently. This is critical. It is from these comps that you determine the ARV price per square foot (from the comps) that you can apply to your subject property. So if the average price per sq ft of the sold comps is $95 and you have a 1,600 sq/ft house, the ARV is $152,000.

The way you get an agent on your side is you offer to give them all the leads you find of people that want to sell but are unwilling to accept your cash offer.  You can refer those people to your agent friend.  It's a win-win situation.

P.S. I have a wholesaling course (the Wholesale Accelerator), 3-videos plus sample contracts, that I'd be happy to give you at no cost.  Just send me a colleague request and include your email address.  No sales pitch, just free training I offer to BP colleagues.

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you