Is it a deal? One hour of free MFRE coaching in return for one hour of me picking your brains! (2 hrs total)

2 Replies

Hello BPers!

I have a proposition for you:

An hour of coaching:  I would like to offer 5-7 people the chance to spend an hour with me on a group conference call, where you can ask me any questions you have about multifamily real estate investing, and I will do my best to answer them.

Why I'm doing this and what I ask in return:  I am preparing some educational materials for people who want to learn to invest in multifamily real estate.  I have learned a lot over the years, but I want to make these materials as useful and valuable as possible for the audience, so I want to know what you want to learn most.  

Thus, in return for an hour of my time answering your questions, I ask for an hour of your time telling me what kinds of materials and topics would be the most helpful to you in a set of MFRE educational materials.

Date & Time: July 24, 2015 at 12:00 noon EDT

Dial-in information: to be provided to those selected to participate

How to join the call:  The call is open to anyone who wants to learn more about multifamily investing.  (I don't know anything about SF, so I won't be able to help you there.)     The ideal person is a newbie who is very serious about getting into this field, and has some specific questions that are holding him/her back from getting started.

The group needs to be small to keep it manageable, so it will be limited to 5-7 people.  To apply, please respond to this thread with a brief post telling me about yourself, your level of experience (newbie is okay), and the question(s) you have for me.  I want a diverse group of people with different questions, and I also want to make sure that your questions are something I have experience with, so I don't waste your time.

Is it a deal? Then just reply to this thread.

Nice offer!

I am a newbie investor (mid 40s), currently working long hours in order to save for a large down payment on a distresses multifamily, plus have a decent reserve for unforeseen rehab costs. My goal is to use the buy, rehab, rent, and refinance (and repeat) strategy to build up monthly cashflow to retire from my current employer.  

I would like to know how can investors protect themselves from lawsuits and deal with asset protection? Should new investors focus more on cashflow over appreciation? How to  find new and upcoming areas or what some call the"path of progress"?

Originally posted by @Ricardo Henriquez :

Nice offer!

I am a newbie investor (mid 40s), currently working long hours in order to save for a large down payment on a distresses multifamily, plus have a decent reserve for unforeseen rehab costs. My goal is to use the buy, rehab, rent, and refinance (and repeat) strategy to build up monthly cashflow to retire from my current employer.  

I would like to know how can investors protect themselves from lawsuits and deal with asset protection? Should new investors focus more on cashflow over appreciation? How to  find new and upcoming areas or what some call the"path of progress"?

Thanks, Ricardo!  I think a lot of people may not have seen this post, so I am going to give some more time for people to respond.  Let's see if we can get a group together by Friday and, if not, we will push the date back to give other people a chance to join and make the discussion a productive one for everyone!

Jonathan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.