Buying vs financing

8 Replies

Hey everyone I've got a question. Is it better to buy a house outright or finance it?

buying to invest or as primary residence? Do you hate being in debt or are you ok with it?

Throw us some more info and we might just be able to give you an answer that's really useful to you.

I'm looking to buy investment property. I don't mind good debt. 

@Jesse Poole - If you have the money, and don't mind committing it, go ahead and pay in full. If you want to leverage your money, get a loan.

thanks guys I appreciate the info. I've reading the related topics also. Good stuff

Use your own cash on a house and leave in it the deal, you use it one time...and need to regenerate that same cash all over for your next deal.  Meanwhile, your cash is sitting on a recliner with a beer in one hand, and the remote in the other, watching the game of choice.

I want my cash working for me, not the other way around.  How many jobs do you have to work to regenerate that cash all over again?  How many jobs can your "cash" work, to regenerate your cash flow over and over again?  I want my cash to work as many jobs as I tell it to.

Cash in...refinance out, and your cash is working as many jobs as you want it to.  Same ccash, multiple jobs.

i want my cash to be working as many jobs as it can for me so i can be rich and lazy

I believe that utilizing both cash on hand to formulate deals & passive income to have perpetual funds creates a much needed balance for leveraging purposes.

I like the idea of money working for me. I'm going give it a try. Thanks yall 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.