Looking for a mentor

1 Reply

I’m new here and looking for advice. I’m in the Orlando, FL area and would like to get into either renting, or flipping properties. Possibly both. I’m educated and have done well in business, but then life happened. Lol While that is something I will continue on my own, I’ve always had the desire to get into real estate.

I’m hoping to find a mentor/partner. However, I’m not naive enough to think that this can happen and someone will just take me under his or her wing for nothing. Unfortunately, I don’t have a bunch of money that I can just go out and figure this out on my own. I do have a small amount I could invest, but I’m also willing to help with demo, rehab, or any other labor. Again I understand nothing comes for free and no one owes it to me to teach me. While I might be educated, I have little to no education in purchasing properties for profit. This is where I’m hoping to learn from a mentor.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where, or how I could meet someone? I’d be particularly interested in people purchasing properties from auction, but really I’m open to anyone that has made a life out of real estate. Any info you have is appreciated.

@Jeremy Lee

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is full of resources. You will find resources here from blogs to pod casts and forums. You can also send messages to members. This is one of my favorite features of Bigger Pockets especially for asking specific questions.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here