Votes
Jeremy Lee
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Looking for a mentor

Jeremy Lee
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Aug 7 2015, 11:50

I’m new here and looking for advice. I’m in the Orlando, FL area and would like to get into either renting, or flipping properties. Possibly both. I’m educated and have done well in business, but then life happened. Lol While that is something I will continue on my own, I’ve always had the desire to get into real estate.

I’m hoping to find a mentor/partner. However, I’m not naive enough to think that this can happen and someone will just take me under his or her wing for nothing. Unfortunately, I don’t have a bunch of money that I can just go out and figure this out on my own. I do have a small amount I could invest, but I’m also willing to help with demo, rehab, or any other labor. Again I understand nothing comes for free and no one owes it to me to teach me. While I might be educated, I have little to no education in purchasing properties for profit. This is where I’m hoping to learn from a mentor.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where, or how I could meet someone? I’d be particularly interested in people purchasing properties from auction, but really I’m open to anyone that has made a life out of real estate. Any info you have is appreciated.

Loading replies...