starting out in commercial

3 Replies

I am new to Real Estate, and i'm looking to get into commercial real estate investment. Does anybody have any advise to give???

How to start in multi family investing or commercial strip centers

How much OF YOUR OWN money do you have to start??

That will determine a lot for asset type, deal size, etc.

@Zach hamzeh

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It is a good place to connect with real estate professionals and to learn about real estate. For example, you set up key word alerts. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Zach, welcome to BP!

"Commercial" takes in a lot of territory, strips are retail which means you need to understand the businesses of your tenants in order to underwrite their ability to pay, recognize potential liabilities and risks......in other words you need to know much more about business than in residential investing. If you have a good business background and education, then the real estate side will be easier. Understand environmental law as it may apply to tenants as well as business and RE law. 

If you have enough money, you can hire experts, if you are clawing your way up in real estate, I suggest you not start there if you're not financially prepared to work with a good broker, accountant and attorney. :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.