New to Cape Coral /Fort Myers area and investing!

5 Replies

Hello Everyone! My name is Megan and I'm very much interested in flipping and wholesaling. I'm not sure where to start and I'm looking to become more educated and to network with other investors. I just moved to Fort Myers a few months ago and I see a lot of potential here. I'm curious about financing and the steps to get a good deal, preferably in Cape Coral. I've been reading through the different forums for tips and advice, which is very helpful. If anyone wouldn't mind providing me with any further guidance, it would be very much appreciated. 

Thank You,

Welcome to Sunny FL! I live in The Cape and have been investing in properties here for the last 2 years. I'll PM you and you can ask any questions.

@Megan Polk

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Thanks Mark! I'll definitely take a look at them.

Hi Megan,

I'm a Realtor and investor in the Cape, live here too. Cape Coral definitely has good opportunity for investors. There's a real demand for both annual and seasonal rentals here, whatever the product: condo, SFR, duplex, etc. Seeing what I can get for rent for my home this season, I'm considering pitching a tent in my backyard and renting the place :)

Happy to help if you have any questions.

Hello Megan:
welcome to the are and BP. I too an an agent and investor. I just rental #7 in the Cape under contract. Be sure and join the local REIA as well as stay connected here on BP. Feel free to PM or give me a call anytime. My office is in Ft Myers off McGregor. I am almost always either in Ft Myers or the Cape.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here