I attended my first local Real Estate Investors meeting today

5 Replies

I recently joined my local Real Estate Investors club in my area and the topic of today's meeting was using OPM (Other People's Money).  I was actually excited that I didn't feel lost in the meeting with all the different acronyms they used thanks to BP.  I actually got to meet and socialize with some of the local investors in the area.  We had a "soft" money lender do a presentation on how his company loans to investors all over the country and how their rates are much more reasonable than a hard money lender.  I'm still wet behind the ears but I'm glad that I was in the room with people in the business and I plan to attend more meetings in the future and eventually get a property under contract.

REIA's are a great place to start (after BP of course). What I find particularly helpful from them are vendor referrals. So make sure to ask for referrals for contractors, agents, attorney's and the like when you go. Best of luck!

Congratulations on taking another step to making it happen @Jason DeBraux .  Networking and just being around other successful investors will help you move forward.

Thank You all for the encouragement and wise words.  I look forward to going to more meetings and learning as much as possible.  

Congrats to you for taking action.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you