Votes
Daniel Miller
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
Question for Leveraging experts

Daniel Miller
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Sep 20 2015, 20:25

I've been reading for months about leveraging rental properties and I am set on becoming finacialy independent this way. I have made spread sheet after spread sheet. But I'm still lost.

Im 26 and have 40k from my last deployment and zero debt. I make only around 60k a year. now that I'm out of the military it's time for me to move out of my parents house and into my own. But at the same time I want to start investing I live in Indiana where housing is rather cheap.and VA loan is out of question cause I want to be able to rent the home down the road so I think a first look fannie mae loan will be for my first home.

Now my first rental will be a 35k home that will be FHA. After a year of renting in the books I want to really start leveraging properties. I want 10 100k homes as fast as possible. Lets face it I'm greedy and I am determined to do what ever it takes to not work 50-70hrs a week. What loans do I need to take and what steps in order to qualify for these loans my credit is exceptional.obviously I don't want to over leverage or go to fast but I also don't want to just keep buying 35k houses for 20 years.

Loading replies...