Beginning investing and potential effect on FHA approval

3 Replies

Hello biggerpockets member! Can getting involved in real estate, an a newbie investor, effect the opportunity to eventually obtain an FHA loan down to road??

I know the program is for first time home owners who must live in the home for a year but I wanted to know what else I should be aware of. Thank you!!

@Gabriel P.  The only restriction (at lease for now) is that you can only have 1 (one) FHA loan at any given time. And Yes it needs to be OO. You can get a FHA loan at any time and can close one out and get an another one.

Upen Patel, Mortgage Banker

Federal NMLS# 1374243
Upen Patel, Lender in (#National Lender NMLS 1374243)
(571) 331-5161
Originally posted by @Gabriel P. :

I know the program is for first time home owners who must live in the home for a year but I wanted to know what else I should be aware of. Thank you!!

To clarify, it is not for first time home owners, but you must live in it for one year. You could buy properties, then down the road use an FHA loan to buy another and live in.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.