Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Prince Hayden
  • Property Manager
  • Beach Haven, NJ
Votes |
How to Start a Property Management company for Vacation Homes.

Prince Hayden
  • Property Manager
  • Beach Haven, NJ
Posted Jan 1 2016, 15:50

Hello Folks, 

I'm interested in starting a Property Management company for Vacation homes here on Long Beach Island, NJ. 

I am new to the island and even newer to the property management field. I don't have any realtime  experience in real estate industry but I have a passion for wanting to  give people a unique and memorable experience. 

Creating a Property Management company infused with a hospitality concierge service is my dream. 

Now the Property Management company that I work for is mainly focused on painting and repairs. That is their bread and butter. 

However, they don't specialize in preparing homes for incoming guest, being that their clients are Vacation home owners and not vacation renters. 

I would like to know what are the best ways, and a few details, needed to get started in this field. 

Also, what is the best way to become a general contractor and build relationships with local business to sub contract out work if needed? 

What are the credentials needed to run a property management company for a Vacation Rental? Being that I don't have experience, what can I do to build competence so I could be taken seriously? 

And lastly, majority of the property management books I've read have been for apartments or multi unit homes. The information I came across doesn't really go in depth on how to start the business or on Vacation homes. 

I'm not working with any capital, so any information is appreciated. I know I have a long road ahead of me but knowing what needs to get done allows a starting point. 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and respond. It is much appreciated.

Mr. Prince Hayden.  

Loading replies...