The first step you should take IMO

4 Replies

There is a ton of info here on BiggerPockets and this is definitely the place to learn just about anything you can think of in REI. I would definitely recommend all of their products to someone who is just starting out (as I am). I would also like to recommend a website by one of the active commenter on here Bill Gulley. His website is generalrealestateacademy.com The free basic real estate course should be the first thing anyone looking to get into REI should do. I have no affiliation but just finished the course and it was definitely worth the time.

Im going to tag @Bill Gulley so he see's your post. He is one of the smarter guys here on BP.  It is a shame more people do not listen to his advice on here.

@Jeremiah Jordan

@Russell Brazil

Thank you both! And, well done Jeremiah! 

I will admit, the basics lacks luster, sizzle, the motivational aspects perhaps, I'm not a guru, it's an educational site, just as if you were taking an on-line college course. I presume students are already motivated to learn, those who truly are can succeed. As of 1-4-16, since 10-31-15, we've had 2,278 sessions, 8,326 page views with 1,358 users, that's nothing compared to BP standards but we are pleased the word is getting out. I agree, it is the place to start learning real estate.

There is just no doubt about it, you need a good BS Meter to invest in real estate, you can't calibrate your BS Meter without understanding the basics of real estate.

Starting out, who you listen to and what you learn is the difference between success and disaster. 

Thanks again guys! Be keen in '16, study, refresh yourself, stay current! All the best in the new year! :) 

I'm glad to hear that people are utilizing the site. Now the only thing I can ask is for you to hurry up and finish with the Options Basics so I can keep going, lol. Seriously though the site is great and I've learned a lot so thank you.

Originally posted by @Jeremiah Jordan :

I'm glad to hear that people are utilizing the site. Now the only thing I can ask is for you to hurry up and finish with the Options Basics so I can keep going, lol. Seriously though the site is great and I've learned a lot so thank you.

I do understand that, ever hear about the guy trying to drain the swamp full of alligators?

I'm not a computer whiz, I have support but they can't pull knowledge out of me, I have to dictate it or type it! I'm on it, I assure you!

I also don't just blab about, I research before I speak so that burns time as well, but that's not any fault of the students. So patients paid ensures a much better course of instruction.

Glad you learned and found it valuable in getting started.   Thank you again and if you have any questions please ask away! Have a sweet '16 in real estate :)