• Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
Best Quickbooks Online Version Choice for New Investor

Kurt G.
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Feb 3 2016, 03:51

We just sold our first flip and are due to close on our first rental SFH within the next week, and I am struggling to figure out which version of QB to go with. While we are planning on building a nice rental portfolio over time, it is a long term retirement plan and it will not necessarily be a fast process. Things certainly could change, but for now I hope to acquire, improve, and hold one or two properties per year until I have 8 - 10+ good rentals working for us.

I have settled on Online vs Desktop / Pro because I want the ability to upload receipts wherever I happen to be with the mobile app, and since my wife and I will be sharing the bookkeeping responsibilities.  I also consider online invoicing / bill pay to be a requirement.  Cash flow will definitely be modest in the beginning, so I don't want to buy more bookkeeping software (or anything else...) than I really need.  

I had to rule Simple Start out since it appears to be restricted to a single user.  Amazon has Essentials for $169, but I keep wondering if the $80 additional expense of Plus wouldn't be washed out between the 1099 prep/send function and class tracking that will hopefully make tax preparation fees a little less...  I have no idea if my thinking is right on or way off, so I would appreciate any thoughts on how much QB Online is enough or too much for our needs.

Thanks!

Loading replies...