Real Estate Investing

10 Replies

Hello everybody, I'm brand new to the site also new to California. I embarked out here to start a new journey in my life. I have a question, if new to the industry what would be great place to start as far as reading materials etc; and also what is the best way to locate a mentor?

@Damion Hill Hi and welcome to the community. 

Your best education comes from this site. On top, you will find a button for education, click it and you have tons of reading and audio material. There is also podcasts that you can stream from your iPhone and blogs that you can access from anywhere. As for a mentor, once you find what you're looking for - example are you looking to flip houses, wholesale, buy and hold, etc. Then you will find your mentor in that category that fills your requirements.

networking and this site. Be sure to check out the ulitante beginner's guide to real estate investing in Bp. Go thru the library of pod casts. Look at the calulators and be sure to set up your personal key word alerts. Also reach out to some local investment clubs for the inland empire

Hi Damion,

Welcome to BP! This is the greatest resource available. I love the podcasts and forums. Definitely read the UBG. 

Also check out the monthly meeting of the Inland Empire Real Estate Investment Club. 

http://www.meetup.com/Inland-Empire-Real-Estate-In...

It's a great meeting; valuable opportunity to network and learn. The next meeting is this Wed at the Mission Inn, Riverside. I'll be there.

I'm in Rialto; if you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

This group used to meet in Upland, but has moved. They meet every Tuesday. You'll find a lot of value at the table;

Famous Tuesday lunch - Every Tuesday

Networking, Partnership Opportunities, Deal Making and Kind of Good Food

Grand Buffet, 12 Rancho Camino Dr., Ste. 103, Pomona, 91766

The meeting is free, but you buy your own lunch

Thank you all so much. I kind of stumbled upon the website and after watching some YouTube videos today found out this is a major resource. I want to focus on wholesaling right now. Aaron, I'm definately going to check out that meeting soon. Kirk I'm going to check out the Riverside one too!