Votes
Jeremiah Moss
  • Overland Park, KS
Votes |
Biggest Bang For My Buck

Jeremiah Moss
  • Overland Park, KS
Posted Jul 26 2016, 20:05
Hi All, My name is Jeremiah. I just recently sold a property and have had 2 rental properties and flipped 2 houses in the past. Both were profitable but it wasn't the prettiest method... I am currently debt free loan free and have $40,000 of investment capital stashed away and about $10,000 to live on as I am a single 30yo male living in a 2 bedroom apt paying $1200 for rent and utilities Have a job that pays roughly $3,500 a month on average. I am about to relocate and will rent for 6months at my new location until I am sure it's where I want to plant long term roots. The town I will be moving to is a college town and properties can be quite expensive per cap rate. I guess what I am asking is should I A. Buy a house live in it while I flip it. B. Buy a Townhouse Duplex live in 1 side rent the other. (On average they are asking 160,000 per unit meaning $320,000 'could probably negotiate to $275,000' for the lot, average rent being $950 per unit) C. Buy 2 separate dump houses make one of them rentable while living in it and rent the other and then swap them out and do the same thing to the other. Any input would be appreciated!

Loading replies...