• Compliance Auditor
  • Auburn, WA
Votes |
Advice for a Newbie Trying to Save Money

Anthony Sim
  • Compliance Auditor
  • Auburn, WA
Posted Aug 30 2016, 11:02

Okay first off, thank you to anyone that took the time to read and/or reply to this post.

Short story long I am a 34 year-old Auditor working for local government living in Irvine, CA. I've read various real estate investing books which ultimately led me here to BiggerPockets. Getting into the "meat and potatoes" of things, I currently make $71,000 a year which equates to around $43,000 after taxes and what not. After various expenses (rent, food, gas, car payment, student loans, etc.) I am not left with much to save. I don't have an inheritance, I don't make a lot of money (relative to where I live for work), and I already went over my expenses with a "fine toothed comb" and reduced everything possible leaving me roughly $300 I could save per month (that's basically me eating turkey sandwiches everyday). I also started driving for lyft and uber on the side for extra cash which has not been a reliable source of income - driving for lyft and uber is an up and down affair. 

So for a guy trying to start out and realizing he needs money to start investing. What would you advice him to do?

Again thank you to anyone that took the time to read and/or reply to this post. 

Loading replies...