• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
College decisions

Anthony Colonnetta
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Sep 20 2016, 11:10
This questions isn't based all on RE but it is a question on my future RE career. I am currently a freshman in college and am going to transfer to either Texas A&M or U of H next year. If I go to U of H I will major in finance and if I go to A&M I will major in university studies in leadership with a Double Minor in business and economics. I would rather go to A&M. However, I have always planned on majoring in finance due to my love of business and numbers. Sadly, the business school at A&M is close to impossible to transfer in to. I plan on working a job for 5-7 years, after graduation, but during that time invest in rental properties so after 5-7 years of a job I can quit and focus on my RE investing business. The university studies major gives me attributes like leading and managing that would help me with my RE business and the minors would obviously help me as well. However, Finance at University of Houston would focus on the financial side of my future RE investing business and i think it would give me a higher paying job out of college than the Texas A&M leadership major. The job I am looking to get in to after college is any type of investment style job. Do you guys think it would be better for me to go to University of Houston and get a Finance degree? Or go to Texas A&M, where I have many friends already, and major in a University Studies Leadership major with a double minor in business and economics? I would have a better time at Texas A&M and make great life long relationships. And also I would be an alumni at a school where you can grow your Net work a lot easier than a school like University of Houston? Thanks in advance for the feedback and sorry for the long post. If y'all have any questions feel free to comment. -Anthony

Loading replies...