Distressed Properties in Dallas County

9 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm new to real estate investing although I've always wanted to try and make money at it. I'm looking for distressed properties such as pre-foreclosures, probate property, individuals with late payments and tax issues. How do you guys go about locating such people/property's so you can market to them either in person or direct mail?...

Hope for some help!!

MJ

This post has been removed.

I would most likely look for private/hard money lenders if I can locate property that meets my cash formulations.  I have enough capital to purchase a home cash but I don't want to business that way.  Hope that answers your question..

@Mathew Jacob Most of the lists you mention can be found through the city or county. Finding the right person to talk to is the hard part.

You mean the county, city tax assessor or recording office?

@Mathew Jacob Grab a adjudicated newspaper from your local convenience store ~ Under classifieds, look for legal notices ~ I don't know how the probate heading is listed for your county (petition to administer probate ~ heirs ~probate of will) ~ the notice will/should give you the information in what county court house the probate file is located with all the individuals who have an interest in the decedents property. ~ If you market in person, use caution. The family i still going through a grieving process.

Good luck,

Mark (N-CA)

Sac/Placer counties...

Thanks a lot Mark,  big help!! Do you have specific realtor company you like,  a group that deals with investors and does not mind putting in several offers a week?...

You can look for people who are behind on their taxes, and mail to them. 

@Mathew Jacob As for a realtor company, your going to have to buddy up with a real estate agent to run your comps for you. When working with a realtor offer a service that you can provide or start the process of applying for your real estate license...

Your local rei-meet-up there should be agents & investors you can work with. This is a new month so there's alot of meet-up's coming soon..

Mark (N-CA)

@Mathew Jacob If you have access to hard money lenders who can supply you with the cash, I can certainly find properties for you.  PM me so we can discuss.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.