• Milford, CT
Votes |
Agents not working diligently??

Arlu Tejada
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milford, CT
Posted Aug 13 2009, 16:05

Hey everyone.
Right now, I am currently throwing as much spaghetti offers on properties that I have pre-qualified as a good investment. Now, I'm starting to have a problem. Some of the listing agents that I talk to are pre-judging my offers.
They say "Oh this offers too low, the banks not going to accept this." or "we can't do assignments"
I had a couple of stubborn agents that have said that to me and my answer was simply, "Hey look, I am a real estate investor. I throw 30-40 offers like these all the time. What I need you to do is I need you to Send my offers to the bank and not pre-qualify them. The acceptance is not up to you. I hope you can work with that." Idk. If i was being rude or unprofessional, but the agent stopped emailing me. (or at least stalling). And I know that the "assignment clause" is definitely negotiable. Is it not?

My question is... Should I send all my offers on different houses directly through the listing agent or no?? Also, Am I making them work too much Because When I call, I tell them what I do (Investor) and what I do with the properties. I also ask them to email me more pictures, sold comparables, the story of the property and what needs to be done(rehab).
Now Am I asking too much??? Prior to offering/getting the property under contract??

Loading replies...