New to investing, new to this group.

3 Replies

Hey everybody,  I would like to introduce myself. I am in the salt Lake city area.  I am new to this journey in rei. I have always wanted to get into the business but never known how exactly to start.  I was told to read 'Rich dad,  poor dad' by a friend and that kinda kicked things off.  I have gone to a couple workshops and a 3 day event.  Every free moment I have I'm researching and learning more.  I will be at as many meetups as I can from this group as well as the Slreia meetup .  I hope to meet many of you and have the chance to work with you.  

Hello Jaron,

Welcome to BP! Rich dad, poor dad did the same exact thing for me. Months later my business partner suggested this site and I can't even begin to explain how much BP has helped me. Great people and tons of info on this site. I think attending meetups, researching and learning are excellent ways to get started. Plenty of free information on here that the so-called "gurus" charge tens of thousands for. If you put yourself out there (as you are already doing with this post) I'm confident that you'll get to where you want to be sooner than you thought! 

Best of luck to you!

-Abel

Abel Curiel, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401295960)

Thank you Abel,  I'm dedicated to being successful.  I know I'm in the right place,  there is so much good information available here.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.