Wholesaling in Chicagoland

4 Replies

Hello BP, 

Am new here, and am looking to learn wholesaling. I would love to have a mentor that currently works wholesale deals in Chicagoland more specifically west city burbs. Thanks in advance!!

I'm not in Chicago but here are some things to get you started.

Find the BP podcasts about wholesaling and listen to ALL of them! You'll learn a lot.

Then start thinking about the following questions.

1. What type of leads are you going to target? Probate? Absentee? Code enforcement?

2. How are you going to market to them?

3. When they respond, what questions are you going to ask them?

4. How do you get from the phone call to a signed contract?

Some basic skills you'll need to learn include: Marketing, Phone skills, knowing how to estimate rehab, and negotiation.

Feel free to message me if you have more questions, or you can ask here. 

@Account Closed Hello and welcome to BP! Im also relatively new and from Chicago! Ive found that you aren't going to find a mentor just by asking for one. You need to research relentlessly and ask questions. REI meetings are good places to ask those questions as well as here. I know its daunting but you can't just rely on someone to mentor you and show you how to do it. You have to get out there and as nike would say "just do it". Set a plan, follow it and eventually you'll get to where you want to be. Don't be afraid! You can do it! If youd like to chat further shoot me a PM! Good luck!

Matt

I agree with @Matt Boyle , unfortunately simply posting and asking for a mentor isn't going to be the best way to find one. Start networking with other wholesalers in the area and ask them if you can help find them deals. 

Thanks @Matt Boyle I surly will do my due diligences to get started and research more. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here