• Real Estate Broker
  • Philadelphia, Pa
Votes |
New investor on the market

Brandon Ribeiro
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Philadelphia, Pa
Posted Dec 10 2016, 13:52

Hello everyone, My name is Brandon Ribeiro. I am graduating college next week and already have a job lined up. i've been listening to BP podcasts on a daily basis and reading real estate books regularly for the past 6 months. Ive come to realize that the rent i am paying at my apartment ($1,400) a month, split between my girlfriend and i is way too much money for what it is (1 bed 1 bath). I am very handy, and have done full reno's with my father since i was about 13. with that, i would really like to find a duplex or multifamily of some sort in my area so i could house hack. my lease here is up in may, so by then i should have some money saved up with my job, and use that for a down payment. The problem here is that i would really like to stay in my area (Conshohocken, Pennsylvania) however real estate is expensive around here. I would love to meet investors in my area and just get some more knowledge about real estate investing in general, i would love to be a sweat equity partner with anyone who would be interested so i can gain some knowledge. I am open to any work that may need to be done even if it is unpaid. My overall goal is to find a place that i could use to househack by the time my lease here is up, so that could cut out a major cost for my girlfriend and I. even if the rent does not cover the full mortgage, $1,400 a month is pushing it.

Thanks again to all the BP members for all the help and support!

Loading replies...