first home buyers grant on investment home

4 Replies

While recently applying for a home loan the broker advised me that with a good lawyer and three weeks stay in my investment home i can get the first home buyers grant in victoria. Is this breaking the law or is there a loop hole in the law???

Hello FireMike,

And welcome to the forum!

As for your question, it depends on where Victoria is.

You may want to go to your profile and fill in the part
about location so that it will show up when you post.

If you're talking about Victoria BC, I don't know what
the Canadian law is.

But in really generalize...making a broad
statement...if you have to do any "funny stuff" when
you're doing Real Estate, you're in trouble.

Aren't there enough real deals out there that don't
require a "good lawyer"? I mean really!