Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Michael Volek
  • Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Analysis paralysis is very, very real...

Michael Volek
  • Investor
  • Arlington, TX
Posted Jun 16 2017, 01:57
Hello BP'ers, I've been studying real estate investing on and off since 2014. I've listened to almost every podcast, read dozens of books, scoured the forums and the MLS, sent countless emails, and I tell everyone what I want to do. I've put in so many hours on BP and google just searching and discovering. It's all I ever talk about. And I do it all while living overseas in Abu Dhabi. I have clear goals on what I want to do and how I want to do it. The BRRR strategy has always called out to me, and I have a clear understanding of my resources. Here's what gets me though. For every new thing I learn, I get this feeling of being overwhelmed. It's so powerful I get sick to my stomach like I'm going to vomit, and I question everything. It's like for every new thing, I feel like I've rediscovered just how naive and uneducated I really am. It's the due diligence part that needs to happen before acquiring the property. It's the legal part, the title searches, documents and contracts, the order, and the timing. I'm so hesitant to ask for help because I know it's all right here on BP, and I just bought the book on rental investing in hopes of learning how to go about doing all this. I know if people can invest out of state, then I should be able to do it while I'm overseas, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. So now I humbly ask for any advice the BP community can give. Will you please, please help me? -Michael Volek (Edit: I tried to post my contact info and number but it is not allowed outside the marketplace)

Loading replies...