Dan Wickland
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Votes |
Move USA to invest - Seeking Advice!

Dan Wickland
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Posted Jun 24 2017, 11:03

Hey guys!

My name is Dan -  nice to meet everyone! I'm a 29 year old property investor from Australia who is in the process of applying for my E2 Visa. I currently have five investment properties at home. I'm in Texas at the moment setting up some legalities to move my visa forward.

The market here excites me greatly and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become successful here!

Some key points about me:

My credit score has no problems at all. 

I will have approximately 250-300k starting capital and my goal is to create $150k net passive income in the shortest time frame possible with the least amount of risk. So far, from the research I have done; multi family units & syndication deals to buy & hold seem to be the type of investing I'd feel most comfortable with but as I'm still very new to understanding the American market I am absolutely open to any opinions. There's SO many ways to invest here and I'm wanting to understand all options that will deliver results. The areas I have researched are Texas, Nashville, Colorado, which have come off proposed deals from a successful pair of investors I know based in Houston. 

I have a girlfriend who I will likely be moving with. We have no children. I am willing to keep my living expenses to the bare minimum...house hacking, shared home; whatever it takes to keep them low an keep my serviceability high!

I have a digital marketing business which I will be bringing to the United States. That will be turning over between $75-100k net. 

My goal is to go ALL IN with real estate while i am here and work as hard as necessary to achieve my goal and to have my marketing business automated as much as possible on the side. With my investing; I want to create a team to help leverage my time and success as much as I can. I plan to reside in Austin, TX initially but may relocate elsewhere in the U.S depending on investing logistics. 

If anyone reading this has some advice for me I'd appreciate it GREATLY!

Kind regards,

Dan. 

Loading replies...