• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Virtual Address for Business

Elex Price
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Aug 22 2017, 09:23

I was watching a Credit Suite video on youtube and it was recommended for a business to not use a home address, PO Box, or UPS Box for your business address. The video recommended a Virtual Address if your business does not have its own physical location. This was recommended because it makes your business look more credible to lender when attempting to obtain Business Credit without a personal guarantee. 

My questions are: 

Has anyone used a virtual address service before? 

Is this really needed when starting out in Real Estate investing?

User Stats

Votes
Colleen F.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Narragansett, RI
Replied Aug 22 2017, 11:44
I have not used it but did look into virtual address services that will scan mail to you. It looked promising but I don't need it yet. I don't think you need it to look more professional and you can't really hide your address so well if people really are resourceful. It seemed to me it would be good for other reasons like getting important communications easily.

User Stats

Votes
Juan Jorge
  • Atchison, KS
Votes |
  • Atchison, KS
Replied Jan 5 2019, 11:33

I'm looking into virtual business address to set up an out of state LLC, where the state requires an in-state physical address for registered agent (service of process). So far, the best value for money seems to be ipostal1 or Anytime Mailbox, which have several addresses in the state where I want to do business as well as be domiciled for LLC purposes.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes