found a potential property- need help

7 Replies

so i've found a potential first rental property price is 59k in ga. 

• Price: $59000
  • Estimated Fair Market Rent: $900
  • Estimated Annual Property Taxes/Fees: $1250
  • Estimated Annual Property Insurance: $980

arvs in the area is 85k-95k. Also the property needs Needs: Siding repair, gutter repair, exterior and interior paint, garage door repair,  flooring, kitchen appliances, other minor repairs.

I have about 6500 cash right now, should i look for HML that may work with me? should i save more before investing?

looking for rental 

i believe its hard money lender.

@Rashad Colton Do you have an estimate of repair costs?

What are your plans after the rehab 

I believe that you need more cash before doing this deal. Most HMLs will want at least 10% of purchase. Plus you also have closing costs which could be as much as $5000-6000 depending on origination fees. On top of that most HMLs also fund renovations on a reimbursement draw, meaning you have to pay the contractor up front (not all reno costs but a percentage to get started) and are reimbursed after the work is completed.

@Rashad Colton

You can try hard money, but you’ll need to shop around because most won’t do less than $100k

You might be better off with finding an investment partner with the cash.

@Rashad Colton It looks like you will have $80K+ in the house when it's all said and done. Based on your comps it's a retail deal. You will need at least $15-20K cash in it to do a brrr. If you do find a HML and then can't get a mortgage to pay the HML off you will loose the house.

I'd say find another deal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.