A Quick Vent...I am Frustrated

2 Replies

So, I just needed to vent for a moment.  I will not be one of the 90% that "gives up".  I have been "active" for only 3 months.  I am advertising on CL, FB, and have a Realeflow site.  I wake up EVERY morning at 430am before my "real" job to get everything done.  I go every Saturday Driving for Dollars etc.  I talk to alot of buyers/semi motivated sellers and nothing!  I just spent 250 on a list/stamps and am staring at a daunting 350 ( I know not huge) letters and envelopes I printed.  I need to stuff and send them out......I just need a bit of motivation.  I heard it is a tough time for investors with our market being so hot.  I just feel like the "bigger" investors with more cash flow and advertising presence will get the few deals out there and I am just spinning my wheels and spending money without that one great deal.  

Most appointments I have been to are not great for wholesaling.

Also, my list of buyers who were calling and spending time with me on phone calls 1-2 times a week(mentoring me listening to my ideas) have slowly dwindled. I can't help but think it i because I havent found them "Hot" deals.How do I keep that communication with them active?

So, I am just a bit down.  I know I have laid the foundation and educated myself on the process but I am in a stall pattern.

Thanks for letting me vent.:)

It isn't fast or easy especially with the competition today. If you want deals make offers. Make ALL CASH quick closing offers. If you don't have the cash, get it lined up. Cash offers with quick closings are often what will make a deal happen. 

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

The reason you are having trouble is you are working hard...not smart.  You have no real plan, and your efforts seam to be all scattered, with no real connection between them.  Kind of like throwing darts with your eyes closed.

Most of what you are doing is the standard list of things, that most are told to do starting out, because the people telling you these things usually did those same things when they got started...because they were told to those things by the person that helped them at first, because they were told...well, you get the picture.

Are you familiar with the expression, "you don't know, what you don't know"?  Well, all those "mentors" in the string of mentors before you, "didn't know"...and they are passing along that lack of knowledge to you, as if it is knowledge.  All they're doing is passing along the same set of "darts"...kind of like one of those fruit cakes you see at Christmas.

PM me.  I will point you in the right direction.  Although you may not like it at first, if you go where I point you, you'll be working smart...and it won't seem nearly as hard...or frustrating.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.