Votes
Jason Rodriguez
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
I found a great fixer up here in NY,queens. but I have no money

Jason Rodriguez
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Nov 9 2017, 11:42
Hi, my name is Jason. (small introduction) I'm sort of a noob, 25 yrs old. Haven't worked on anything on my own as of yet. But i have done enough research right here on BP to know exactly what's involved on a fix & flip. I'm in this game alone with no supporters. I attended my first REI event here in NYC yesterday to see if I can network with like minded individuals turned out to be a disaster, ended up being the only young minority there, people looked at me as if i walked in the wrong room, it was very intimidating for me to go up and speak with the other attendees. I will not be attending anymore as of now. Found it to be better on BP. Personally i think majority of the guest at that event wouldn't have taken me serious anyway for the fact I'm young and look even younger in person, and other factors of course. I am hoping maybe I can find someone generous enough to mentor me and see my vision in this business, can help me grow the stepping stones to becoming successful. and hopefully can look pass the age color, but what this post is about is I've been looking to get invested by a HML, I wish I can go the private way but I just don't know anyone that will lend me anything considering my financial situation. So moving foward I've read that it's best to first find a property you know will be profitable before you go off asking for money on a project, so that's exactly what I did. Found an investors gem in NY,queens a multi-family home. priced at $269,00 with the right renovations can easily be sold for a great amount of profit. So the question is What would the BP community do if they were in my shoes As a beginner and see this great opportunity arise regarding this property?... I know its best to start with a SFH as your 1st with that being said even if I do find just that as my first property I still wouldn't have any investor to back my project, with intentions of 100% funding and a decent amount of ARV to match that for a first timer... I appreciate everyone that took the time out to read and comment on my 1st post. thank you

Loading replies...