• Dallas Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Property Analysis Duplex

Juan Rosado
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Dallas Fort Worth, TX
Posted Dec 13 2017, 05:06

Hey guys!

I would like some help to analyze this Duplex please.

Asking Price: $100k

Income/Monthly: It does not say the gross annual income on the MLS, but finding some similar properties in Zillow (990 ft^2) I think that each unit could rent around $900 (being conservative) with a monthly rent income of $1800. I would need to pay $32 monthly if I were to house hack and having the other unit rented, plus saving half the rent for operation expenses (not taking into account the money for the flip)

Financing: I would do a house hack, therefore FHA loan, 3.50% down payment, 4.38% annual interest.

Some of the closest schools (0.72 mi) that it has, have a low rating on GreatSchools.org, but it has some nice schools within a 4.0 mi ratio (8 point rating). Criminality appears to be low, or non existent (according to crimereports.com). My greatest concern is that the property appears to need some construction work, plus I don't see any appliances in the MLS images, and in the Heating part of the MLS it says: "No air, other." I am praying that this message does not mean that it does not has a heater. So far I think is a good deal, but due to the conditions of the property I don't think the lending company would give me a loan for this buy hold/flip type of units.

What do you think?

Loading replies...