How to start with little money down.

4 Replies

I seem to be having the worst of luck saving enough for a down payment

Do you want to buy a rental or purchase as your primary residence. There is cheap money about 4% or less for first time home buyers with a small down payment. If you want rentals, OPM is the key.

Thanks John. I actually would like to house hack in either a duplex or triplex. Do all banks or lenders require a down payment or should I start seeking a partner for my first deal?

Originally posted by @Brianna Williams :

Thanks John. I actually would like to house hack in either a duplex or triplex. Do all banks or lenders require a down payment or should I start seeking a partner for my first deal?

Look at the FHA loans as a possibility. As long as you live there the required time, there is nothing stopping you from renting out rooms, etc.

Try looking into naca.com. It’s a loan program for low to middle income earners and are flexible with down payments along with low interest rates. It’s a process to get qualified but if you can, it’s worth it and can get you into a multi family.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here