Looking for a good lawyer and accountant around Seattle

3 Replies

I was wondering if anyone can refer a good real estate accountant and lawyer in the seattle area? Someone with knowledge of tax benefits and can help starting a corporation would be a huge help. Thanks for your time!

This post has been removed.

Hi @Craig Cahail ,

If you are a long-term buy and hold investor, you probably do not want your properties in a corporation. At most (depending upon your situation), I would recommend having it in an LLC.

However, if you are more interested in fix and flips or new development, I would recommend setting up an S-corporation, or possibly an LLC and an S-corporation depending on how long you plan on holding the land before starting to do any work.

I am not in the Seattle area, but I would be happy to talk to you about tax strategies if you want to PM me.

@Craig Cahail I wish I would have connected with you sooner! I just did a presentation last night for the Washington Real Estate Investors Club about Taxes for Investors. 

I'm in the Seattle area and work exclusively with investors, feel free to reach out with your questions or visit my website to set up a call. I also have referrals for 2 fantastic local REI attorneys who can help you as well. Feel free to PM me for their information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here