I called one of those "Looking for real estate investors" signs

7 Replies

Wondering if anyone else has done this? I am meeting with the people to do a walk through on a home in a couple weeks. I was really happy when they said it was a walk through. I figured worst case I waste a Saturday. Best case I learn some things, I meet some local investors and possibly find a mentor. 

I won't be buying any courses, if they are selling. I won't be giving them any money no matter what.

Thoughts?

Never give them money and let us know how it goes.  My guess is that they are either trying to sell a course or are looking for someone to dig up deals for them essentially for free.

I wanted to try this once, saw bandit sign on the freeway lol. Sadly by the time I got back to area few days later, it was gone.

Originally posted by @Aaron Klatt :

Never give them money and let us know how it goes.  My guess is that they are either trying to sell a course or are looking for someone to dig up deals for them essentially for free.

I googled them and it sounds likes they have 2 "jobs". The first is just driving for dollars. You get paid $5-$10 per qualified lead and a percentage if they buy the property. I assume their "qualification" is something very difficult and I would guess you probably make very little money.

The 2nd job seems more like a mentor program. I am sure it has some catches, and probably involves more of the marketing and sales side of things.

It will be interesting either way. And I will be sure to update after the first meeting.

@Eric Turner did they give you any ideas on the house you are touring/viewing? Is it for sale? Are you looking at it to buy? Sounds like they are trying to get someone working for them for cheap finding them deals, or trying to line up a mentor program, probably not free or cheap. 

Originally posted by @Brian Pulaski :

@Eric Turner did they give you any ideas on the house you are touring/viewing? Is it for sale? Are you looking at it to buy? Sounds like they are trying to get someone working for them for cheap finding them deals, or trying to line up a mentor program, probably not free or cheap. 

They gave me the address. As I understand it they bought it and are going to be flipping it.

As I said if they try to sell me anything, I am out.

They are based out of an area about 45 minutes from me. And their sign was in my town. So hopefully they are just trying to expand to my area and need some boots on the ground.

Turns out it was Renatus. Which seems to have its own thread somewhere here. They were selling "education" in the $2k - $20k range depending on the package you bought. Plus an additional $129/month to use their software.

I see that there could be value in a course like this, so I am not going to bash it too much, but just say it is not for me. They gave off an MLM vibe right out the gate. But did not try to sell anything there and then. Most people left after they mentioned they were selling something. I stayed until the end, because I had already wasted half my day, so another 15 minutes didn't hurt me.

I do think it could be good for people that A) Don't know how to do research on their own  B) Don't know how to network C) Like to have their hand held while learning new things. None of that is a bad thing imo. But you can do all that for free too.

You are basically paying for a network and a real estate education. The quality of people you end up surrounding yourself with is debatable. They seemed nice though.

@Eric Turner   you got it right its MLM.. end of story.. and like MLM there is product there are course.. in MLM there is product too  soap  and baskets  and all other kinds of products.. you have 5 links and ACN

its all basically the same.. those at the Very VERY tippy top of the pyrimad make massive money.

just like Seminar guru's make MASSIVE money .. and most of us I don't care what you say if we could trade places and make 10 million a year getting on stage talking real estate to those that would pay us to listen who is going to turn that down.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.