• Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Votes |
Wholesaling/Investing Part-time

Tyson S.
  • Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Posted Sep 17 2010, 12:41

I have a rewarding day job but I always have the itch to "do more". I'm not in a position to do cash investing, yet, so the next logical step is wholesaling in my opinion. My background is in building design and construction, although on the commercial scale, I still think it will help me.

Besides the inexperience obstacle, I'm having a hard time concentrating my free time effectively to get the ball rolling. I do have capital to spend on marketing and the motivation to do the work.

I understand the process of how wholesaling works, my biggest question is how do I use my time effectively? Right now, I seem to be spread out between a lot of different "startup" tasks and am not actually get much accomplished.

I know I need to market, setup a buyers list, find title companies, find an agent. But when I split up what I need to do for say, marketing, (website, getting lists, determining who I should market to and how, budgeting) I get very little actually done with my free time. It's paralysis by analysis.

I guess I'm looking for help on narrowing my focus in wholesaling to get things started and experience under my belt. Such as : should I skip the website and just direct mail absentee owners while building a buyers list and finding a title company to work with? I already have two realtor friends on board so I have MLS access to do comps (and other help down the road).

I've already decided to skip a lot of the business formalities for now (name, LLC, cards, etc) and just work under my name for the time being. Perhaps that's not a good idea and I should focus on that? I feel like that adds no value while taking up a lot of time.

Loading replies...