commercial or residential lending

2 Replies

I just started investing about 6 months ago and picked up my first rental typical 20% down conventional mortgage. To those who have been doing this a while is there any big advantage to just go commercial early on if you feel that is the direction you are shooting for, or do you try and max out the number of conventional mortgages first before they cut you off.

If I had to start over and I had the cash down payments I'd max out as many conventional mortgages as I could first and then jump over to commercial.

With that said, commercial loans can be easier to obtain and will sometimes be a better fit for your projects (as-complete rehab loans, etc).

And just curious....how many random colleague requests and forum mentions do you get here with that name? 

Funny question Ryan I was sitting around one day thinking I want to learn some more stuff about real estate, go on you tube and my first video is from Brandon Turner, I'm like it's a sign. My question is kinda geared towards I think what you had said do I want to buy one at a time or just start trying to bundle packages etc which I know I would have to use commercial.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here