FHA Loan( problem or no problem)

4 Replies

So I helped my sister moving into a apartment by getting on her lease but I don’t live there.

If I were to buy myself property back by an fha loan would I run into problems even though I’m attached to her lease but I don’t live there and I’m willing to live in the fha back home as my primary residence

Again I dont live at the apt but I’m on that lease for 8 more months.

None of the bills are in my name either.

@Joel Nobles

I believe you can still get an FHA loan as long as you make the FHA property your primary residence. You are more or less just a co-signer on your sister's lease, so the apartment is not your primary residence. However, when you do get the FHA loan, once the lease on your sister's apt expires, get yourself off of it as soon as possible. I say that because you don't want to be paying for a mortgage and then be responsible for paying your sister's rent if S**T hits the fan and she cannot pay it for some reason.

This post has been removed.

@joelnobles being a co-signer on your sister's lease may factor into your debt to income ratio when qualifying for an FHA loan, This would be something to discuss with your mortgage broker.

Best,

Johnetta G. Paye, Esq.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here