Start Up Real Estate Investment Group in NY

4 Replies

I just formed an LLC with a group of friends. There's 8 of us and we all are bringing 20k to the table. We have taken all the steps in creating our real estate investment group and we just got approved for our first property. It is a single family home. We are now working on closing the deal. Does anybody have any advice on anything we might need to lookout for moving forward? We are in New York and our farm area is mainly Suffolk County but we are open to investing in other areas even out of state possibly. Any suggestions on possible markets we may be interested in? Just looking for some tips and possible some contacts that may be useful.

This post has been removed.

Congrats! I would like to do something similar with my friends. I deal with several lenders in the NYC and Albany areas, feel free to pm me if you need help in that area down the road. Best,

Is this for a flip? Or rental? I am interested in doing the same with some of my friends but I want to stay in Queens.

This is a flip. I will post details and keep you guys posted on our progress.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.