Wholesalers! Proof of funds?

3 Replies

Wholesalers! I've been consistently going door knocking on pre-foreclosures, and it been a ride! I've run into numerous difficulties, but one that sticks out is Proof of funds! A lot of sellers ask. Firstly, is it necessary? Also, If so, where can I acquire a legitimate proof of funds document?

It's necessary for the seller if they are asking for it. Proof of funds would be your bank statement, or the statement of an investor you are working with. You can contact lenders and they may be able to help you with that too. I would caution you to not provide a false proof of funds if you do not intend to buy the property. It doesnt take much to get a bad reputation these days....

You could use your Bank Statement , that would be the easiest .  Next you could go to your bank and get a irrevocable letter of credit . 

Is it necessary to have proof of funds ?   You may find someone who isnt financially smart .   But most people want to see the cash .

Originally posted by @Matthew Paul :

You could use your Bank Statement , that would be the easiest .  Next you could go to your bank and get a irrevocable letter of credit . 

Is it necessary to have proof of funds ?   You may find someone who isnt financially smart .   But most people want to see the cash .

ILC  that would be something for a starting wholesaler :)  those are not so easy to get.. 

If your working with a good local HML they should pre approve you and then give you a POF>.

if you have no intention of buying the home and just want to make a brokerage fee . then its not necessary and just tell the potential seller the truth.. you are out there and looking to assist in the sale of the home and will do so for a modest fee.