Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Approaching a possible mentor

Baudouin Charles
Posted Jun 24 2018, 18:00

Hi guys my name is Baudouin. I live in the Yonkers, ny area I’ve been reading a lot on real estate and have come to the conclusion that finding a mentor will really be great For my education

one person actually came to mind, the thing is he happens to be a customer of the company I work for and I’m not sure if approaching him would be crossing any boundaries and just wanted to know your thoughts on it

I work for a small heating and air-conditioning company and the customer am Referring to Is a real estate investor and former real  estate attorney. We did some work on a couple of his flips and I assumed that he was a person who flips houses and I was actually looking for someone who was more of a buying hold investors. Turns out that he’s actually a buy-and-hold investor. Who primarily invest in commercial real estate and just does a couple of flips if there really good deals. 

I have no problem helping him with any of  his properties  even helping him clean out any units if he need help with . ( just cause I want to learn more about real estate and how to invest in it And I understand that sometimes you have to give for you to get)

I was thinking about approaching him. And even asking him what kind of properties he was interested in and possibly looking for properties with those criteria and just letting him know about them. I am even willing to Help him out on my free time , whatever he needed but the thing is I really don’t want to undercut the company that I work for  because they have been really good to me

I would really love to know the communities thoughts on this

And if it is a good idea how to approached him 

As a side note the company I work for doesn’t service any of his commercial properties  just his residence and a couple of houses that he flipped.

Loading replies...