Looking for a local Georgia bank

2 Replies

Does anyone know of a smaller bank in Georgia that offers a line of credit for real estate investors and doesn't require 2 years of business tax returns and bank statements? The larger banks like Wells Fargo require this, but all of the advice lends towards trying a smaller bank. However, every small bank that I've approached has exactly the same requirements. I'm trying to prove the "smaller bank" myth to be true. Please let me know if you know of one. Thanks.

@Alan Tartt

If you don't get any specific referrals here, make a list of 20-30 local regional banks and credit unions and start calling.  Ask to speak to the loan officer and ask your specific questions and take notes.

You'll surely find one that will work with you on reasonable terms.  Then you can develop a long term relationship with that banker and be on your way.

Using this method, I was able to find a couple banks that can work with me on terms similar to what you outline.  I'm currently banking with Bank OZK (formerly Bank of the Ozarks) and pretty happy with them.